Other fees and requirements:
RYA Licence fee this is covered in cost of course.
Passport size photo with candidates name on the back.
The course will be taught using radio simulators and will cover the following topics.
• The basics of radio operation
• The correct frequencies (channels) to be used
• Distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
• Making ship to shore telephone calls
• Digital Selective Calling (DSC) using simulators
• Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
• Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
• Search and Rescue (SART)
Short written test at the end of the day
Certificates will be sent directly to candidates by the RYA on successful completion of the exam.